التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

SARSI 2016 !!!

Saudi Aramco Research Science Initiative is one of mawhiba's international summer programs that I participated in with another 41 girls. the program was five weeks long, during that time we learned a lot about science and had the chance to work on scientific research.

I am going to talk about my personal experience here, from the first week where we began our journey with STEM lectures- that were really interesting by the way!-. Math, physics, chemistry, and biology lectures with a bonus of science poetry class. each class was unique in its way and taught us
really interesting subjects, from hyperbolic space to global warming to writing my very first poem!

after the first week,we began our 3 weeks mentorship, where each individual worked on her project. we got the opportunity to explore the science fields that intrigues us in these projects, I, for example was always an avid advocate to environmental problems and worked on a project that helps the environment by recycling plastic waste into valuable materials that have many benefits to the environment.

 the last week of the program was dedicated to preparing our oral presentations and showing everyone what we were working on for the last three weeks. the weather was hectic, everyone including me was working very hard on perfecting our presentations, and the amount of nervousness that I endured was very extreme, can you imagine doing your first public speech in English ?  but that is what I did, I stood there on the podium and began to talk, and it was one of the proudest moments in my life. 

SARSI was for sure an unforgettable experience that nourished me and taught loads of knowledge. 

Thank you Mawhiba , thank you Saudi Aramco , thank you UoD , and thank you CEE

Reem Hassab 







تعليقات